The Marlin Kickstarter Campaign was 170% Funded!
Real Time Speech Feedback
Swim Activity Tracking
Platysens Marlin is a Swim Meter designed to tell you your swim performance through voicefeedback using a bone conduction headset. Your pace is reported to you as you swim with no disruption to your swim stroke. In open water swims, your swim performance is captured with GPS. In the pool, motion sensors are used when there is no GPS reception. After your swim, you can connect Marlin to your phone with Bluetooth to review your data and update configurations.
What is in the box?
- 1 Main Unit
- 1 Bone Conduction Headset
- 1 USB to 3.5mm Audio Charging Cable
- No more looking at your watch
- Just press start button and SWIM
- Hear your swim activity data as you swim
- Lightweight and Rechargeable
- [Bone Conduction] is the conduction of SOUND to the inner ear through the bones of the skull
- Optimized for speech playback underwater
- No more earplugs falling off
- Clips on your goggle straps
Marlin can be set to open water mode or pool mode. In pool mode, performance data is captured with the help of the motion sensors. In open water mode, performance data and navigation is enabled with the help of the GPS module. Both modes feature instant audio feedback. The metrics calculated for each mode are shown below.
- Time or Distance Split from Fixed Distance
- Total distance and time
- Navigation with offcourse warning
- Distance from next waypoint
Lithium Polymer (5 hours Open Water Mode*/ 10 hours Pool Mode)
Bluetooth Smart connectivity for low power synchronization
Speech optimized earpiece uses bone conduction for clear audio feedback under water
Main Unit (61.5mm x 39mm x 18.5mm) Weight (30g)
Global Positioning System module provides accurate tracking and navigation for open water mode*